Friday, March 13, 2009

Yet Another Reason For Me To Boycott Arby's

Okay, so I was super slammed on Wednesday night and my options for dinner were Arby's or Taco Bell. Since I got my divorce papers at Arby's, I try to avoid it if at all possible, but if it's that or Taco Bell - I'm def going with Arby's!

It WAS the Arby's right across from CU, so I have to cut it a little slack...but so I pull up and the convo goes like this:

Arby's stoner clerk: Would you like a combo meal today?
Me: No thank you, I just want a small beef and cheddar sandwich
ASC: What size?
Me: Um, small?
ASC: Would you like fries and a drink with that? (um, wouldn't that be a combo meal?)
Me: Nope, I just want the sandwich.
ASC: Would you like anything else with that?
Me: No, JUST THE SANDWICH, thanks.
ASC: Pull up to the window and I will give you your total.

I pull up.

ASC: That will be $3.24
Me: (handing him four ones) hold on a sec, I totally have four cents...(hand him the four cents, turn to fiddle with my iPod. I turn back around and he is staring at me, mouth open) Um, what?
ASC: Did you have change?
Me: Yeah, I just gave you four cents.
ASC: (looks confusedly at his hand holding the four pennies, shakes his head) Oh yeah! You did. Be right back.

He comes back and gives me my sandwich. I ask for Arby's sauce. I pull forward and open the bag and it's the wrong fucking sandwich. I figured it was a lost cause at this point and ate it anyway.

Then I had softball, which again made me realize I am way too old for this...

Then I went home and soaked in a hot bath and went to bed. Woke up yesterday morning unable to swallow and sweating. Went to doctor for the fourth time in the last four months (WTF?!) and was told it was viral, so no antibiotics, but I needed oral steroids to bring down the swelling in my tonsils or else they can interfere with breathing. Lovely. It's only a matter of time before I start beefing up, you know, between this and the round of steroids I just finished taking for asthma...FUUUUUCK. I am literally never sick and feel like I have been sick constantly since the papers were filed.

There is good news though...I will hopefully have a settlement agreement in my hands next week, and the St. Patrick's Day parade (which is ALWAYS a good time) is here tomorrow in Denver...and if I feel up to it, I'll be hitting Beaver Creek again on Sunday.

Have a great weekend! I promise to catch up on reading/writing blogs this weekend!

2 comments:

Shine on, you crazy diamond.