Monday, March 2, 2009

Whatev

Okay, so I've decided I don't really give a shit about the stalker. I'm pretty sure I know who it is, and whatever. I mean, what am I going to say that's all that crazy, really?

I also kind of figure that anyone who's reading is reading by their own free choice...and if they are going to come here and read, they deserve to find whatever is here, if that makes sense. If you don't like what you're reading, don't come here, you know?

The weekend was good. I had dinner on Friday with two of my girlfriends and went home and swapped my bindings onto my new snowboard, which is a Never Summer Infinity-R, for those of you that actually care about that sort of thing. It was kind of funny...it's a twin tip, which means it doesn't have "more" space at the front of the board like a regular snowboard does, so I had to actually (gasp) do some math to figure out how to set my bindings so that they were a similar distance apart as they were on my old board, but still set back a smidge in case I got into powder. I got it figured out and Burger Guy (we're just friends now, btw, officially, LOL) picked me up at 6 am to head to Winter Park. We hit up Starbucks on the way and spent the day trying to avoid catwalks and moguls, which was next to impossible. Definitely not going back there unless I have skis on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new board though. I felt like I improved by about 30% just by using that board alone. By the end of the day, after I had gotten used to it and warmed up and stuff, I was carving on moguls and cutting turns that I could have never done on my old board. I am so, so happy with it.

Ironically, I got engaged at Winter Park. I wondered if that might make things weird, but it really didn't. Making new memories is important, I suppose. I will say that's one of the harder things about the process, is just how many things in Colorado I first experienced with my ex. Out of nowhere a street sign or a restaurant or a song or the name of a run on a trail map will remind me of some happier time, and get me to thinking...

Came back and took a quick nap before meeting two other girlfriends for dinner in Denver. We went to Tamayo, which had extended their restaurant-week deal through this weekend. That's where you can order a three-course dinner from a specific menu for $52.80 per couple, or $26.40 for singles. It's a good way to try out normally-expensive restaurants.

Guy That I Am Grooving On had been out of town Thursday/Friday/Saturday for a guys' weekend in Vail with his brother and some other friends (they had a friend in from out of town that just recently got married), and texted me during dinner saying they decided to come back Saturday night and were in Denver having dinner and going out afterwards. I contemplated meeting up with them but was just too blasted, so went home and was in bed by midnight I think.

Sunday I got up early and cleaned the entire house before going to meet GTIAGO and his buddies for brunch. He wanted me to meet his friend that was here, and what better place to do that than over $1 mimosas, right? They were all going to go hit some random apartment complex hot tub after that, so I went by Burger Guy's apartment to pick up some stuff I had forgotten and got sucked into the Kansas basketball game...yay for March madness! GTIAGO's friend was supposed to be flying out at 4ish, so around 1 he texted me and said we could hang soon and I should come by (we had planned last week to hang out Sunday afternoon/evening) so that's what I did.

The friend's flight got canceled. Awkward. I mean, you hate to be that girl that's like, "but you said you were hanging out with ME tonight..." ya know? So it's like, I'm sitting there, and they're trying to figure out what he's going to do as far as getting out of Denver, and I am thinking it's totally understandable if we have to cancel our plans so he can entertain his friend, right? And the friend finds out he can't get out til 11 am TODAY, and the guys all start making plans to go out partying that night. GTIAGO straight up is like, "I'm going to HMG's house for dinner and chilling there because I have to get up early for work, so is that cool if you guys go out tonight without me?"

I couldn't believe it. That means he like, likes me, right?! Totally. At that point I felt kind of weird about the situation so was like, I'm going to go, you guys can talk and just call me later. He called me an hour later and I was like, you know, don't feel like you have to come over here because I am going to be annoyed or something because we have plans, I totally get that your friend is still here and you would want to hang with him. And he was like, don't feel weird, don't even worry about it, can I come over now or is it too soon? So that's what he did. We cooked dinner (calzones from scratch, yum!) with Tiny Panther and her boyfriend and drank crown and ginger ale and played dinner scrabble.

That's about it! Things are going really well with him, I think, I mean, we're trying to keep it all casual and slow because of the situation but so far it's just really easy and fun. It's nice and just what I need right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh...I wish I had causal and cool...my guy is a fucking stalker, lol! He sounds pretty rad girlie :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Shine on, you crazy diamond.